Monday, September 7, 2009

Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking

AKP does their best to spoil its students as much as possible. As such, we are privy to 1 to 2 student guides who not only help us get from school to our homes, but they also help us go sign up for our alien registration and health forms as well as getting cell phones and showing us a shrine nearby the hotel. Of course, Kyoto is a rather confusing city to walk around and as a result, my student and I got hopelessly lost! Unfortunately that rather long day of taking train after train, walking to my house, awkwardly meeting my host mother for the first time, and doing an epic amount of walking to the registration center doesn’t make for the best story, but it was nice to meet Bamboo (my Doshisha student guide) and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment